Recipe: Homemade NutellaPosted: February 28, 2012
Nutella is like crack to me. So when I found the recipe for homemade Nutella here, I knew I might as well succumb to my addiction. Plus I always prefer homemade.
What You Need:
2 C hazelnuts
2 C dark chocolate
Sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C hot milk
A food processor
1. Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a sheet pan and roast in a 350oF oven for about 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can do it in a pan on the stove.
2. Let cool completely. My hazelnuts still have their skins on, so I put them on a clean kitchen towel and rubbed them with another towel to get rid of the skin. Once they’re cool, grind them up in a food processor to make hazelnut butter (I only have a puny food processor, so after 15 minutes of pulsing, my butter still came out a little lumpy.)
3. Melt your chocolate (I just stuck it in the microwave.) Add the sweetened condensed milk, until it is sweet enough for your taste. I found it easier to mix the condensed milk if I loosened it up with a bit of hot water first.
4. Mix the chocolate and the hazelnut butter together in the food processor. If it’s too thick, add the hot milk a little at a time until it’s creamy.
5. Transfer to a container. Or eat it right out of the food processor with a spoon like I did 😀