Would you carry a clip bag? Looks kind of fun.
Beautiful planetary jewelry by BeautySpot
These signature necklaces are amazing too.
Gorgeous sculpture created out of broken/damaged objects and honeycombs by Aganetha Dyck
Speaking of gorgeous sculpture, how about these Cthulhu chandeliers by Adam Wallcavage? (OK, I know they’re just octopus, but wouldn’t it be much more badass to have a pink Cthulhu chandelier?)
These one-of-a-kind bindings for classic books are incredible (this one is Dracula) (via Flavorwire)
This makes me snort tea up my nose.
Instead of my usual cute [insert animal here] photo, how about one of the Lannister siblings acting goofy? If only we could get Lord Tywin in there too!
– Cool jewelry DIY from old t-shirts.
– I laughed at this for like 15 minutes: creepiest things kids said to parents.
– The Internet gets blamed for a lot of things, but here are 4 positive trends that it doesn’t get enough credit for, from Cracked.
– This is a bit old, but you guys have all read about the insane Delta Gamma sorority letter, right? Well it gets better: here it is, read by the incomparable Michael Shannon.
– What would it be like if Parks & Rec swapped show runners with Game of Thrones?
– One more Game of Thrones thingy: opening sequence in the style of Friends. Cute.
This ends up with way more Game of Thrones stuff than I intended… but it’s not as if my obsession with the show is a secret or anything 🙂
This bookmark marks your exact spot on the page. Shut up and take my money!
Virgin Atlantic just launched the world’s first glass-bottomed plane. No thank you. I’m getting a panic attack just looking at it.
I don’t usually post celebrity photos, but Emmy Rossum‘s outfit is super cute and easy to recreate.
These adorable vintage animal photos prove that LOLcats is nothing new.
– Want something different to spruce up your sunglasses? Try this DIY for embroidered sunglasses by Honestly WTF.
– This experiment uses sketches by a sketch artist to prove that women are more beautiful than they think. Not sure how authentic it is, but it’s interesting.
– After cheering for Trudy last week on Mad Men, I found another reason to love Alison Brie: her spot-on imitations of popular Internet memes.
– And because I think we can all use a bit of cheering up, here’s a collection of random acts of kindness.
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everybody!
Gemma Correll‘s drawings are the best.
I don’t usually wear rings, but I might just make an exception for this super cool set
What would Mad Men characters’ future look like? (I totally agree that Sally will turn into a punk, btw)
These detention slips are genius (also, her name is essentially Kate Winslett?!)
– Two articles from Cracked, week-old but too cool not to share: 6 mind-blowing substances (the metal that melts in your hand… what?!) and 7 modern ghost towns straight out of sci-fi movies.
– This is the best blog I’ve found this week also thanks to a Cracked article: Distractions in Space. It’s audio transcripts of what the astronauts say while they’re out in space. You’ll be surprised how little they actually talk about space.
– Why mantis shrimp is my new favorite animal (for example, did you know that their eyes have 16 types of color-receptive cones? In comparison, humans only have three – red, green, and blue. And their claws can basically create the Kamehameha Wave like in Dragon Ball?)
– Finally, allow me to present… Mad Men as a CBS comedy (*cue laugh track*)
It’s going to be a round-up filled with Game of Thrones and Mad Men, so please bear with me.
GoT-inspired house sigils for famous website.
Prepare for Mad Men with these amazing illustrations of memorable scenes from last season.
Banana Republic’s new Mad Men collection: it’s a bit too literal, but I have no problem with that.
Love this map of UK music, but no Snow Patrol? Inconceivable!
This is such a great idea: little free libraries to exchange books around your neighborhood (and of course somebody made it in the shape of a TARDIS)
Holland Island in the Chesapeake Bay and other beautiful abandoned places to add to your bucket list (or that post-apocalyptic novel you’re trying to write)
OK, one more from Buzzfeed: the cutest Easter photoshoot ever
– I think everybody and their mom already knew Google Reader is going away. There are plenty of ways to keep in touch with my blog (as you can see on the right sidebar), but if you’re looking for something to replace Google Reader for all of your feeds, Life Hacker has 5 best alternatives to Google Reader. I highly recommend The Old Reader, I’ve imported all of my subscriptions from Google Reader and been using it for a week now.
– From Flavorwire: the geekiest Game of Thrones merchandise. I kinda like one of those umbrellas – so badass. Now if they can make one with the Longclaw handle…
– Speaking of movie merchandise, here are 10 movies that you won’t believe have merchandise tie-ins. A Human Centipede necklace? That’s just wrong.
– How similar are Toy Story and The Walking Dead? You’d be surprised to find out.
– These photos of Paris now and 100 years ago are amazing (there’s a nifty slider in the middle that allows you to view each photo as a whole – I completely missed that the first time.)
It’s been another crazy week, work-wise, and all I want to do is to curl up on the couch and watch some mind-numbing movies. But first let’s get to cool things I found on the ‘Net!
How amazing are these photos of Vietnamese women in 1960’s Saigon? So stylish! (The article is in Vietnamese, but you can still look at the pretty pictures)
Such a gorgeous spring outfit
These T-shirts from Anthropologie are so cute, and there are tons of prints to choose from (my favorite is the black one with the Scottish Terrier, but the dachshunds are adorable too)
Peter Lindbergh recreated Rear Window with Carolyn Murphy and Tobey Macguire. Beautiful.
Is it wrong for me to want this T-shirt?
Spring is here, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t drool on the lovely A/W collection from Australian brand Handsom
Paranormal Cativity. Love it.
– From Flavorwire: 20 embarrassing covers of classic novels. Some of these are really, really bad. (It also reminds me of one of my favorite Cracked article, 15 wildly misleading movie posters from around the world. Oh Poland. You are so insane.)
– From Cracked itself, something fashion-related for once: 8 examples of “cutting-edge” fashion that are clearly practical jokes.
– Adorable shoe clips DIY from Honestly WTF.
– How to find your perfect colors, courtesy of College Fashion (this is more extensive than the ones I’ve seen floating around.)
– American Eagle is selling, get this, spray-on skinny jeans. I’m pretty sure this is a joke, but still… if leggings as pants are not going away anytime soon, then maybe we’re not that far off from spray-on jeans. *shudders*