Would you look at that – only 11 outfits to go!
T-shirt: Forever21, remixed
Skirt: thrifted, remixed
Flats: Me Too thrifted, remixed
Necklace: self-made using this tutorial
This week Friend Friday‘s questions is about your go-to outfit formula, or your personal uniform. Here we go:
1. What’s your go-to outfit formula? I have a few – fitted top + full skirt (or an A-line dress) + heels; tunic (or a short dress) + flare jeans + flats; and tunic + skinny jeans + boots. Yes, I do seem to wear tunics a lot.
2. How did you come about this formula? I’ve just discovered the full skirt/dress formula, since I’ve only started wearing dresses recently. It balances out my broad shoulders, long torso and short legs. The other two formulas came from my dislike of short tops (hence the tunic), and the flats + flare jeans or skinny jeans + boots also bring the balance that I want.
3. Do you have different formulas for different occasions in your life? Sure. The dress formula is for when I want to feel more feminine/ dressed-up. The others are for when I want to look put-together but more relaxed. As for my casual or weekend wear, I’m more likely to reach for a pair of straight leg jeans, sneakers and a T-shirt.
4. Has it morphed over the years? Definitely. Before this blog, my one and only formula was jeans + T-shirt + sneakers (add a sweater/hoodie in the colder months.) I even wore it to my college graduation (OK, I wore a blouse, not a T-shirt, but still.) It got so bad, I had to go shopping for my first internship interview because I literally had nothing else in my closet!
5. Which other blogger’s outfit formula would you like to swipe? I have to say Tania of What Would A Nerd Wear. She wears the top + skirt combination a lot too, but she always looks so cute and effortless.
I went to another thrift store on Tuesday because they have a 25% discount every Tuesday from 8 AM until noon. And this is what I found:
I got all this for $15 and changes!
The gray shirt is the one that says “Science is Satan spelled backwards.” It doesn’t make sense, but I think that’s the whole point. It might be a little small for me, but I like the caption, plus it’s only 99 cents, so I bought it anyway.
The dress (yes, I know, plaid, again. What do you want me to do, go to Plaid Anonymous?) I bought because it reminds me of this Dear Creatures dress (it’s not my most favorite dress from Dear Creatures though. My favorite is this one.)
The skirt I’m not so sure about. I like the colors (you can’t see it very well, but the stripes look almost like watercolor), but I don’t know what I’m going to wear it with. And it doesn’t have pockets!
Also something you can’t see: the leaf-printed shirt is pretty much all open in front, with only a tie at the collar. But I like the print, and the open neckline can be easily closed with a couple of snap buttons.
And here’s hoping that the bucket hat will prove easier to wear than the cloche hat! (it’s actually reversible, white on one side and printed on another.)