Here is another neutral outfit from me. This one is on purpose, not because I couldn’t find any pop of color to add to it, but because it was inspired by this, as part of the Pinned It and Did It challenge. Although it didn’t turn out nearly as sharp as the inspirational photo (never knew I needed a grey blazer until now), I liked it.
It’s been feeling more spring-like around here, except for us “spring-like” means rain and humidity, so it really isn’t as nice as you’d think. Good thing that nature makes up for the miserable weather by putting all kinds of trees in bloom. Our grapefruit tree has been blooming for nearly two weeks now and I wish I could capture how incredible the fragrance is. Not sure how many of those will bear fruits, but at least we can enjoy the flowers for now.
Shirt: hand-me-down, Blazer & Belt: thrifted, Jeans: Target, Heels: Payless
I’ve been tagged by Kate of The Perpetual Student’s Wife in the “5 Random Facts” thing that is going around (OK that makes it sound like a stomach bug), so here goes:
1. This shirt was my mom’s, I just found it after another closet purge, and I’m looking for some loose blouses right now so it’s perfect.
2. Mosquito season has begun, and I’ve returned to my post as the official Mosquito Hunter of my family. We have these things that looks like a tennis racket, but the netting is electrified, and when you zap a mosquito with it, it makes the most satisfying pop. I may enjoy that a little too much…
3. I haven’t been to a lot of concerts. Well, OK, I’ve only been to two: Snow Patrol back in LA & Simple Plan for MTV Exit here in Hanoi. But then again there are only a handful of bands I’d like to see live: Linkin Park, Snow Patrol (I’d sell the first knuckles of my hand, à la Davos Seaworth, to see them live again), then maybe Athlete and Travis (but they haven’t done anything new in forever). Oh and Lisa Hannigan. I’d love to have been able to see Detektivbyrån live before they broke up too.
4. I miss baking. We don’t have an oven here and there’s no room for it anyway, but my sister is going to get one for her apartment, so I’m planning on visiting her every weekend to bake bread and cookies and stuff. I’ll chip in if I have to.
5. I’m doing this to avoid reading the scripts I’m supposed to be reading, so better get back to that.
Incidentally, this outfit reminds me of Kate too, though she’d look a lot more put-together. She can rock the skinny black pants and loose blouse like no other.
I used to tag people back in this kind of things, but now I don’t want anybody to feel left out, so go ahead to do the 5 things if you want to. I’d love to read them!
Shirt: hand-me-down, Cardigan: Forever21, Pants & Loafers: thrifted, Necklace: self-made
Day… uh, 6 of Take One, Pass It On: