Weekend Round-Up #86Posted: July 13, 2013
Two weekend round-ups in a row? I clearly had too much free time on my hands this past week.
This is The Last Bookstore in downtown LA and I’m crying because I lived there for 7 years, why did I only find out about it now when I can’t go?!
These illustrations of female superheroes dressed as hipsters are amazing (that’s Harley Quinn and Catwoman)
One more illustration: Game of Thrones characters, Simpsonized
Bless those crazy Brits: they put a giant, inflatable Mr. Darcy into the lake in Hyde Park because that scene is voted the most memorable TV moment
This island in Fukuoka, Japan is a cat heaven… quite literally!
– As an introvert, I feel compelled to hand this out to every extrovert I’ve ever met.
– While we’re on the subject of introverts, here’s a great article from Cracked: 4 things movies always get wrong about awkward people. Amen to #1.
– Also from Cracked: 5 mysterious crimes that caused endless questions. If somebody decided to make any of these into a movie, I would totally watch it.
– Is Cumberbatching the next big meme? You decide.
– Finally, this amazing video shows what it’s like to travel around the world in 1 minute. It sets off my wanderlust big time (via Gizmodo):