Weekend Round-Up #78Posted: March 30, 2013
It’s going to be a round-up filled with Game of Thrones and Mad Men, so please bear with me.
GoT-inspired house sigils for famous website.
Prepare for Mad Men with these amazing illustrations of memorable scenes from last season.
Banana Republic’s new Mad Men collection: it’s a bit too literal, but I have no problem with that.
Love this map of UK music, but no Snow Patrol? Inconceivable!
This is such a great idea: little free libraries to exchange books around your neighborhood (and of course somebody made it in the shape of a TARDIS)
Holland Island in the Chesapeake Bay and other beautiful abandoned places to add to your bucket list (or that post-apocalyptic novel you’re trying to write)
OK, one more from Buzzfeed: the cutest Easter photoshoot ever
– I think everybody and their mom already knew Google Reader is going away. There are plenty of ways to keep in touch with my blog (as you can see on the right sidebar), but if you’re looking for something to replace Google Reader for all of your feeds, Life Hacker has 5 best alternatives to Google Reader. I highly recommend The Old Reader, I’ve imported all of my subscriptions from Google Reader and been using it for a week now.
– From Flavorwire: the geekiest Game of Thrones merchandise. I kinda like one of those umbrellas – so badass. Now if they can make one with the Longclaw handle…
– Speaking of movie merchandise, here are 10 movies that you won’t believe have merchandise tie-ins. A Human Centipede necklace? That’s just wrong.
– How similar are Toy Story and The Walking Dead? You’d be surprised to find out.
– These photos of Paris now and 100 years ago are amazing (there’s a nifty slider in the middle that allows you to view each photo as a whole – I completely missed that the first time.)