Weekend Round-Up #67Posted: December 15, 2012
I feel ridiculous posting something so frivolous in the light of the tragic school shooting in Connecticut, but honestly I have nothing to say that hasn’t been said a thousand times already. I think it would be better if we do a little less talking and a little more working on how to stop these things from happening.
Anyway, I already had this post cued up and ready, so might as well get to it.
– This gorgeous scarf (the outfit is cute too, but the scarf is what makes it):
– These cute illustrations on how to “dress” for your body type:
– Is it snowing where you are? If so, you can probably do this (via The Berry):
– A gift guide for all the Game of Thrones fans out there (and who isn’t?) The life-size Iron Throne might be too much, but I really want that Hand of the King pin. I love my pins and brooches!
– A cute ornament DIY from Honestly WTF.
– A vending machine in Toronto that sells rare books for just $2!
– Those of you who are going to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey this weekend, why not try these Hobbit-inspired outfits courtesy of College Fashion? (I have to wait two more weeks. Boo!)
– On the other hand, if you want to literally dress like your favorite movie characters, Flavorwire has a guide for you.
– I don’t know if Anne Hathaway is going to get an Oscar for Les Miz, but she certainly deserves an award for how she handles the whole crotch shot thing.
– And to close things out, something we all need: 5 videos to brighten your day.
I’m working on a book review, so watch out for that next week. As for the blogger interview, I haven’t thought about it yet. There are a lot of great features on bloggers out there, so I’m not sure what approach I should take to bring something new to the table. Besides, a lot of it comes down to my introversion and my reluctance to reach out to people. Maybe I should start with my blogging friends and go on from there.