Express Tutorial: Lace-Trimmed ShirtPosted: December 3, 2012
With the time difference between Vietnam and the US, where most of our Style Imitating Art participants are, I decided it would be easier for me to put the SIA post up by Tuesday morning (US time) instead of Monday evening, plus it’ll give you more time to submit your look too. So in the meantime, here’s a quick tutorial to open our week with:
What You Need:
– A shirt, sweater, or cardigan
– Lace trim
– Thread and needle, scissors
1. Cut the lace and pin it on where you want it. I put mine of the sleeve.
2. Stitch it down. Make sure the stitches don’t show, by keeping the stitches on the outside short and the stitches on inside longer.
3. I left the edges around the sleeves’ hems and the neckline open, but you can stitch it down for a more finished look. And you’re done. Easy peasy.
I was inspired to make this after seeing this on Lisa Hannigan:
Pretty, right? I don’t have any wide lace inset like that though, so mine ended up looking more like this Jason Wu sweater (which I’m OK with) but once I find a wider trim I’ll recreate Lisa’s shirt too.