11 x 11 x 11Posted: March 22, 2012
So I was tagged by Jess of Animated Cardigan for the “11 random things” post, and since I like sharing random facts, here goes… (Warning: It’s kinda long.)
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.
11 random things about me:
1. You might have noticed I like using song names and lyrics as my post titles. It’s because I’m really bad with titles. I do this for my photos and sometimes my scripts too.
2. I rarely cry at movies. The only movies that have made me cry are Babe, Spirited Away, Up, Toy Story 3 (damn you, Pixar!) and the last Harry Potter.
3. It’s no secret that I’m an Anglophile. However, despite my preference for anything British, I find those Dyson vacuum commercials (you know, with the British accent) incredibly annoying. They sound so… snooty.
4. Speaking of all things British, I have a very specific type when it comes to guys: tall, lanky, dark-haired, preferably blue-eyed and preferably a Brit. Which basically boils down to Richard Armitage. Or Benedict Cumberbatch. I’d take him too 🙂
5. I’m really anal about organizing things – alphabetically, chronologically, by color, height, or size.
6. Whenever somebody taps my shoulder, I always have to tap the other shoulder to make them “even.” Told you, A-N-A-L.
7. I see human faces in a lot of things, especially the number 5. To me, different fives have different expressions. Is that weird?
9. I’ve only got a nosebleed once (not counting the times I blow my nose too hard that I draw blood.)
10. I’m much more comfortable cursing in English than in my native Vietnamese (I don’t even know how you say “dick wagon” or “twat waffle” in Vietnamese.) Yet people always seem shocked when I curse… those who don’t play Trivia Pursuit with me, that is 😛
11. I have an underbite. I used to wear braces, but it didn’t take, and now I refuse to get new ones. It’s not that noticeable.
Jess’ 11 questions:
1. Do you have any life goals? To have my own TV series. On the air.
2. What’s the last book you read for fun? Love it, hate it? “The Dante Club” by Matthew Pearl. I don’t love it, but it’s pretty good.
3. How do you feel about e-books? I’m too much of a traditionalist to prefer them over normal books (you can never get that new book/old book smell from a Kindle…), but since I’m moving home soon, where English books are scarce, I’m actually considering getting a Kindle.
4. Why did you decide to create your blog? Is that still your intent or has it changed? I just graduated from grad school and was left without any focus for a while. At the same time I started reading a lot of style blogs (I didn’t even remember how I got into those) and found my wardrobe in dire need of a makeover. So I started the blog to document my attempt to change my style. A year later, it’s still more or less the same, but has expanded a bit.
5. What is your favorite font? Garamond. It’s old-fashioned enough while still easy to read. For more fancy headings and stuff, I like Jane Austen – the handwriting-style font in the blog’s header.
6. What is your Girl Scout cookie of choice? Tagalongs, hands down.
7. Tell me about your mode of transportation in life. Bike and bus. I’m too lazy and too scared to learn how to drive.
8. Do you like memes? Do you have a favorite? Eh… I’ll like a meme if it’s clever, but never long enough to have a favorite. Sooner or later a meme gets so saturated that it’s not funny anymore. I do like all the “Game of Thrones meets another show” ones (like Arrested Westero), but I’m not sure you can call them memes.
9. How do you relax? In my rocking chair (yes I have a rocking chair, I know, I’m an old lady), with my favorite TV show/movie and some snacks.
10. What is the most daring thing you’ve done? I don’t know, I’m kind of a wuss. Moving to the US? Traveling in the UK by myself? Those are the only things I can think of, and I don’t think they are particularly daring.
11. If you take pictures for your blog, how do you do it? Does someone do it for you? Tripod? What kind of camera do you use? I use a Nikon D80, a tripod & remote control.
My 11 questions:
1. If you could travel back in time, when/where would you go?
2. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
3. Favorite era in fashion?
4. What was the first movie you saw in the theater? Did you love it, hate it?
5. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
6. What is the weirdest thing you ever ate? Did you like it?
7. Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter?
8. What have you done that you are most proud of?
9. To quote Garden State, is there any normal kid thing you kinda wish you missed? (chicken pox, braces, finding out there’s no Santa? – though if you missed this I would be a bit worried :P)
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. Quick, start your music player of choice (Spotify, Pandora, Window Media Player, iTunes, iPod, Walkman, I don’t care). What is the first song on your playlist?
And I tag:
If you’re not tagged but want to do this anyway, feel free!