Golden Snitch Necklace TutorialsPosted: December 15, 2011
I’ve seen a lot of Golden Snitch necklaces on Etsy, and they all look fairly easy to make. Being the Harry Potter fan that I am, I had to make my own. Here are my versions.
What You Need:
– Pearl bead, or any kind of round bead in size of your choice
– Wing charms/pendant (make sure they’re the right proportion to the bead)
– 2″ head pins and eye pins, various sized jump rings
– Chain, as long as you want
– Pliers, wire cutters
The instructions vary, depending on your wing pendants. I got three different kinds from Michael’s, and here’s what I do with each of them.
1. Since the wings are connected, I glue the bead in the middle with the hot glue gun, then connect the wings to the chain with two small jump rings.
2. With these, I put the bead on an eye pin (it’s the one with a loop at one end), bend one end of the pin into another loop and connect the wings to it with two jump rings. I then connect the wings to the chain with small jump rings just like #1.
3. These wings are not connected, and they don’t have holes at their tips to connect to the chain. So I put the bead on a head pin (the one with the flat end), loop its end and add a jump ring to it for the chain. I then connect the wings to this loop with two more jump rings.
And there you go, the perfect last-minute gift for the HP fans in your life!