ScarecrowPosted: December 2, 2011
It’s been crazy windy these past two days, so even though this is what I wore yesterday, it’s only until this morning that the wind died down long enough for me to take pictures of it. Also, the wind was also why I decided to go with this scarecrow brooch I got at the flea market a while ago – granted, it’s more suitable for Halloween, but the scarecrow looks like he’s blowing in the wind.
This week’s Friend Friday is about Christmas wishlist. I’ve never made one (my family does celebrate Christmas, though not in the traditional sense. My parents’ friends from Germany send us a branch of fir or holly, and a loaf of Stollen – sort of like German fruitcake but better, and that’s our Christmas. No gift or anything), but I like making lists, so here’s what I’m wishing for:
– A permanent job: I know, I know, it’s not a gift, but it’s what I really, really, really need. I’m working freelance right now, but a job that will result in a work visa would be nice.
– A new lens: My old 17-50mm lens is broken, and I missed having a zoom lens. The thing is, I don’t know if it’s better to try and get it fixed, or get a new one entirely.
– The Sandman series by Neil Gaiman: I’ve wanted to read (and own) this for a long time, but I balk at the idea of spending close to $150 for the 10 trade paperbacks. Maybe I should just succumb to the temptation now…
– New shoes: Hey, this is about what I want, and not what I need (except for the job), right? And what I want is heeled loafers and laced-up boots.
– A yellow coat: Again, I don’t need it, but it would help bring a lot of color to my winter wardrobe.
And that’s about it. There are more (a few DVD sets, some books), but I don’t want them that bad. I could get them for myself and whenever I want. So what are you guys wishing for?
Sweater: J. Crew, thrifted