The End Of An EraPosted: November 18, 2011
Today is my last day at my internship, so I’ve decided to try my hands at the double denim trend, since I don’t know when I can dress so casually to the office again. I’ve signed up with a temp agency (the goal is to get a permanent position from that), so who knows, it may be business casual all the time from now on.
So yeah, there might be some changes in the blog schedule depending on my work situation. But even if I’m spending the next few weeks at home working on my NaNoWriMo book, I’ll still try to have some outfit posts up. Just because I’m not going to work doesn’t mean that I can schlub around in my PJ’s, right? (I totally would, though.)
Also, today’s Friend Friday is about giving thanks, and since I’m facing some changes, I feel like it’s the perfect opportunity to give a shout-out to what I’m grateful for in my life:
– My family and their constant support.
– My friends: here in LA, back home, and you guys – my friends on the Internet, for keeping me from turning into a total misanthropic hermit 🙂
– Los Angeles: as much as I whine about it, I’m grateful for it as well. I’ve learned so much during my time here, and even if I can’t get a work visa and have to leave next year (knock on wood?) I’m still glad I got this opportunity.
– The Ministry of Education, for believing in me enough to give me two scholarships to come here and study.
– The Internet: I know it’s too broad, but seriously, where would we be without it? Personally, it allows me to keep in touch with family and friends; it brings me Pinterest, Pandora, the blogging community, and so many other weird and wonderful things.
Those are the big ones. Here are some smaller ones, no less important, but more specific:
– My dentist.
– Thrift stores.
– Used book sales at the library (and lunch at the diner afterward.)
I could go into the really specific, but that may bore you guys. What about you? What are you thankful for?
Shirt, cardigan & boots: thrifted, remixed
Jeans: Charlotte Russe, remixed