Weekend Round-Up: The 25th HourPosted: November 6, 2011
Thank God that Daylight Saving Time ends today (did you remember to set your clock back?) I really needed that extra hour.
Links of the Week:
– It’s boot season, which means it’s also boot sock season.
– Have more hats than you know where to put them? Try this easy DIY hatstand.
– This pumpkin cream cheese bread looks incredible. I can’t wait to try it.
– If you’re like me and don’t wear make-up, be sure to participate in next week visual Friend Friday when bloggers go barefaced.
– Usually I’m not big on celeb style, but I’ve been a fan of Felicity Jones ever since I saw her in Northanger Abbey, so I’m glad that she finally gets some recognition (both acting- and style-wise.)
Blog of the Week: Feathers and Freckles by Megan. This is another new, and newly discovered blog, and I’m completely in love with Megan’s relaxed, feminine style that mixes together thrifted and vintage pieces. Plus she looks adorable.
Book of the Week: “Revenge” aka “The Stars’ Tennis Balls” by Stephen Fry. What more can I say – it’s Stephen Fry, and I worship him as all Anglophiles do. But even if I didn’t worship him, I would still enjoy the book. It’s a modern retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo, adapted for the Internet age. See if you can spot all the little homage it made to the original book.
Song of the Week: “O Valencia” by The Decemberists. Just like every Decemberists song, this tells a story – a very Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story kind of story. There’s an extended version of this video that has a completely different narrative, but I enjoyed the edited version better.