Friend Friday: Strange And BeautifulPosted: June 24, 2011
Jeans: The Limited thrifted, remixed
Loafers: Payless thrifted, remixed
Blazer (below): thrifted, remixed
Necklace: self-made using this tutorial
Well, I have nothing interesting to say about today’s outfit except my Friday uniform (when I don’t feel like trying) is now = jeans + flats + whatever top is clean 😛 so I’m looking to ModlyChic‘s Friend Friday again. This week’s questions are about the strangeness of fashion.
1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping? Strangely enough – when I think about it – not really. Sure, before blogging I didn’t immediately go straight to dresses and skirts while shopping, but I did browse through a lot of girly clothes. The only difference is that before I enjoyed looking at them only, and now I’m getting to enjoy wearing them too.
2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that? A little bit. Like I said, before blogging I pretty wore nothing but jeans + T-shirts + sneakers, so now it feels like I’m catching up with everybody else. That being said, I do feel like I put more thoughts into my wardrobe. As for commenting… well, aside from my mom who’s basically weeping with joy, everybody else doesn’t comment too much on it except for “Never thought I’d see the day you’re wearing [insert girly clothes here]!”
3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it? I wouldn’t call this weird, but I would love to be able to have an entirely vintage look. Not vintage-inspired, but to dress like a girl from the 30’s or 40’s or 50’s or 60’s. Or even take it further, dress in Regency fashion (mostly because it’s so breezy and doesn’t require a corset.) Though the long dresses might be a little cumbersome. Although…
4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do? Maxi dresses – and this ties in with the previous answer! So maybe as long as I don’t look like I just stepped out of a Jane Austen novel (not that I’d mind…), I can pull off both this trend and the Regency look.
5. Toot someone’s horn – which fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices? It’s so tough to just pick one, but since I love the vintage style so much, I have to give a shout-out to Solanah of Vixen Vintage. I mean – just look at her!