Fashion/Beauty Friend FridayPosted: April 22, 2011
So I found another feature, “Fashion Beauty Friend Friday” (or FBFF as it’s known in the fashion blog circle) courtesy of Katy from Modly Chic. Every Friday she will post a number of questions, and to participate, you answer them in your blog. Simple, and great for when you have nothing to talk about.
Sweater: Gap thrifted
Belt: thrifted from Buffalo Exchange
Oxfords: Sidecca, remixed
This week’s subject is Inspiration, and here are the questions:
1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration? I don’t really follow celebrity fashion. Sure, I read Tom and Lorenzo‘s IN or OUT posts religiously , but more for entertainment (they’re my fabulous and opinionated gay uncles!) than inspiration. So the only celebrity I can think of on top of my head is Natalie Portman (the only actress whose fansite I visit regularly.) I like her simple elegance.
2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you? Other bloggers for sure. I mean, I started this whole blog because of them! Take today’s outfit, for example. It started when I saw Tania of What Would A Nerd Wear in her lovely mid-length, accordion pleated skirt (thrifted, no less!), so I went out and found one of my own. I won’t list out all the blogs I follow because we will be here until Sunday, but sooner or later they will all make an appearance in my “Blog of the Week.” In short, there are those whose styles I want to shamelessly copy and those who I know I won’t be able to emulate in a million years, but they all are a great source of inspiration.
Besides that, of course I’m also inspired by movies/TV (again, no specifics because there are too many, but mainly it’s costume dramas, or those with vintage-inspired costumes.)
3. How do you hope to inspire your readers? Ah, OK, this is a little tricky, because I’m just starting out and haven’t had that many readers just yet. Also I’m doing this more for myself. But I hope that my readers, if any of them are out there, will know that it’s OK to make mistakes (like I do!) because in the end, exploring your own style should be fun.
4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you? Being a writer, I get my inspiration from all over, but I have to say my biggest source is nature. Maybe it’s because I come from a family of scientists, I don’t know, but the beauty and wonder of nature never cease to amaze me.
5. Which songs inspire you? Oh boy, are we talking about which songs inspire me right now or which songs inspire me all time? Because right now I’m going through an Athlete phase, but if we’re talking about all time then here’s the list (yes I keep a list. Don’t you?)
Writing To Reach You (Travis)
Run (Snow Patrol)
Not For All The Love In The World (The Thrills)
The Golden Floor (Snow Patrol) and Transatlanticisim (Death Cab For Cutie) – I count them as one because I’ve written an entire screenplay thanks to them.
And anything by Detektivbyrån. Anything.
Before I go, take a look at the sweet belt Debbi convinced me to buy:
That’s it. Happy Good Friday and Happy Earthday!