Weekend Round-Up #69Posted: January 5, 2013
- Am I pretentious to like these pointe shoe-imitating flats when the closest I ever got to ballet was watching Black Swan?
- I may be 99% done with Downton Abbey (this last season is so boring and the Christmas Special is just pointless except for the purely soap opera ending) but I’m still going to watch season 4 for Maggie Smith and I still want this tote:
- These gorgeous surreal photos by French photographer Miss Aniela:
- This perfect crinoline outfit:
- I don’t know what exactly this contraption is, but I need it:
- Got some old jeans? Maybe you could use them to create amazing works of art like this:
- I’m going to try to end this portion of every Weekend Round-Up with some cuteness, so this week it’s these owl illustrations:
LINKS: A little short this week, since I haven’t really looked for them.
- For all you Song of Ice and Fire (and not just Game of Thrones) fans out there: finally, a George R.R. Martin-approved map of Westero.
- Unconsumption is an awesome blog dedicated to reduce, reuse, and recycle (via College Fashion.) I fully support their cause, and they have a lot of cool ideas, but I may have to draw the line at making yarn out of dog hair.
- There has been a lot of talk about what kind of lessons girls get from kid’s movies (especially all the Disney princess movies), but this video addresses something just as important – what do boys learn from them?
- Finally, this is a little old, but I think it appropriate for the first weekend of the year, from the ever trusty Cracked: 13 photos that will make you happy to be alive.