Tutorial: Cap-toe Ballet FlatsPosted: March 30, 2012
Cap-toe flats are all the rage this season, and I thought it would be fun to make my own. I hate to call this a tutorial because it’s ridiculously easy, but well… I don’t know what else to call it.
What You Need:
- A pair of plain flats
- Paint the color of your choice, paint brush
- Masking tape, plastic wrap/bag
1. Clean your flats. It works best if they don’t have any design around the toes (mine have little bows, but they’re easy to tape back.)
2. Tape off the toes with masking tape. If you’re using spray paint like I did, wrap the shoes in plastic. If you’re just painting it with a regular brush, there’s no need, but it might be a good idea to wrap them up just the same to avoid any splashing.
3. Paint away. Give them several coats, let dry, then peel off the tape, and you’re done!
Variation: Try colored tape instead of paint! Simply wrap the tape around the toes and trim off the excess. That way, you can change it up, and still have a pair of plain flats when you want.